Following the government update regarding the countries COVID Level status change on the advised dates, the sport can take the next step to opening back up, but still hold on to the responsibility to meet the requirements of the split COVID Level status.
This continuing responsibility covers, no travel across COVID Boundary lines, being aware of our personal safety, still being mindful of personal space, using masks where appropriate and staying away and getting tested when sick.
Once again, please note that due to the fluid nature of a viral pandemic, where the Government are continually monitoring the situation, these recommendations will change when the status is reviewed.
The BMXNZ ALERT Level2 recommendations below, cover all affiliated clubs & licensed riders in the geographic area outside of the Auckland Regional Boundaries;
– Club gatherings may proceed, with the Level 2 limit of up to a TOTAL of 100 people at a BMX facility. This includes riders, spectators, parents, siblings, official and public visitors.
– All BMX Club facilities and functions may be opened to members and the public. All Club organised gatherings MUST follow the government regulations of ALERT Level 2.
– All club gatherings should have a Level1 Club Official/Commissaire to manage the gathering regarding the required GROUP numbers, social spacing and total numbers attending. Clubs should also have a nominated Club First Aid person at all gatherings.
– Clubs should have available & advise all visitors to scan in using their COVID QR code.
– Any clubs with indoor spaces, will need to comply to the regulations about number & masking up.
-All Government notifications and Ministry of Health policies must be adhered to at all times. Please see the following link: https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
ALERT Level4 remains in the Auckland Region covering the six Auckland City based Clubs;
Please remember BMX is a high-risk sport, these risks come with injury. BMXNZ would like to remind all riders to take extra care while riding any type of bike. This is a strong call to be responsible for your actions. If you are riding your local neighborhood, be aware, be kind, be safe and smile.
BMXNZ will continue to provide further updates as more information is available. Please contact BMXNZ if you have any questions or need assistance.