Following the government update yesterday regarding the countries COVID Level status the main message is one of continuing responsibility. Auckland has had a slight change & one where our sport is still split in the ability to deliver gatherings. Plus, we need to keep in mind maintaining our personal hygiene by washing hands, physical distancing, use of masks where required and staying away when sick.
Once again, please note that due to the fluid nature of a viral pandemic, where the Government are continually monitoring the situation, these recommendations may change.
The BMXNZ ALERT Level2.5 recommendations below, cover all affiliated clubs & licensed riders in the Auckland geographic area from Wellsford in the north to Pukekohe in the south;
Auckland Clubs must follow all the requirements of Level 2 noted below, plus;
Community sports are limited to groups of 10 in a defined space. The 10-person limit includes all riders, officials and spectators. A large sports field can have multiple defined spaces by keeping:
– These groups areprevented from intermingling or sharing common facilities at the same time.
– Spectators are considered a gathering and have a 10-person limit per group.
– A person in charge of a social gathering must ensure records are kept for contact tracing purposes.
– You must not participate in any gatherings if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you need to be in isolation for any reason.
Residents of Auckland travelling away are recommended to not attend any mass gatherings outside of the Auckland area.
Any Committee meetings are still recommended use online tools such as free video conferencing on the Club Portal or online apps like ZOOM Meetings.
All Government notifications and Ministry of Health policies must be adhered to at all times. Please see the following link: https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
The BMXNZ ALERT Level2 recommendations below, cover all affiliated clubs & licensed riders for the rest of New Zealand other than the area noted above;
– All BMX Club facilities and functions remain to be opened to members and the public. All Club organised gatherings MUST follow the government regulations of ALERT Level 2.
– All club gatherings should have a Level1 Club Official/Commissaire to manage the gathering in regard to the required gathering numbers and social spacing. Clubs should also have a nominated Club First Aid person at all gatherings.
– ALL CLUB GATHERINGS MUST DISPLAY CONTACT TRACING QR CODE POSTER, all people attending or visiting any Club organised gathering, must use poster or their attendance must be recorded & stored.
– Clubs must run a track inspection procedure. BMXNZ has a H&S checklist for this process online and this should be part of the normal operating process at all Clubs.
– Sport NZ state it is the responsibility of all clubs to constantly clean & sanitize common touch points within the club environments, for example doors, handrails, gates, track tools etc.
– BMXNZ requires that ALL Clubs have for member use, running water & soap OR hand sanitizer OR both. It is in the clubs’ interest that we make it easy to clean members hands and touch points.
– NO HIRE GEAR is allowed under level 2. To protect the riders and of the people assisting in this process.
– All Clubs MUST NOT serve food during ALERT Level 2. Government guidelines regarding food service and public health requirements for workplaces would require certified food prep areas, trained staff and full PPE for prep and service. Then also contactless click & collect or seated & served food.
– Physical distancing remains & mask use is advisable in confined spaces.
-All Government notifications and Ministry of Health policies must be adhered to at all times. Please see the following link: https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
As noted above BMX is a high-risk sport, these risks come with injury. BMXNZ would like to remind all riders to take extra care while riding any type of bike. This is a strong call to be responsible for your actions.
If you are riding your local neighborhood, be aware, be kind, be safe and smile.
BMXNZ will continue to provide further updates as more information is available. Please contact BMXNZ if you have any questions or need assistance.
BMX New Zealand