As a result of the update today by the New Zealand Government, BMX New Zealand has issued the following statement regarding BMX activity for all clubs and members for BMXNZ and Cycling New Zealand.
As per the original statement, a key point still stands, our responsibility to society as a sporting body. This responsibility covers keeping to our bubbles to limit spread, but also keeping safe by not risking injury. As any injury would still put you and those that have to respond to your injury at further risk.
Once again, please note that due to the fluid nature of a viral pandemic, where we are continually monitoring the situation, and so this view may change rapidly as we will update our position to any new government policy at any time.
The BMXNZ recommendations below, cover all affiliated clubs & licenced riders;
- – BMXNZ continues to advise that all formal club gatherings remain closed at least till ALERT Level 2. This includes, but is not limited to Club racing, gate practice, ride or training sessions.
- – BMXNZ recommends that all clubs maintain a “Track Closed” status at all BMX Tracks, during COVID ALERT Level 4 & Level 3.
- – Committee meetings should use online tools such as free video conferencing on the Club Portal or online apps like ZOOM Meetings.
- -All Government notifications and Ministry of Health policies must be adhered to at all times. Please see the following link: https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
- -Attached to this update are the two UPDATED Ministry of Health COVID19 ALERT Level descriptions.
As noted above BMX is a high-risk sport, these risks come with injury. BMXNZ would like to remind all riders to take extra care while riding any type of bike. This is a strong call to be responsible for your actions.
If you are riding your local neighborhood, be aware, be kind, be safe and smile.
BMXNZ will continue to provide further updates as more information is available. Please contact BMXNZ if you have any questions or need assistance.
BMX New Zealand