Please be aware that for the Oceania Championship on Sunday, that NO Challenge Class riders may wear numbers on their jerseys.
ONLY Championship Elite (Men & Women) riders with approved UCI permanent numbers may wear their numbers.
All other riders must remove them from the jersey or wear another jersey.
Here is the UCI Rule regarding this;
6.1.056 Each rider that have received a UCI permanent number and the riders that choose to ride with a world number 1-8, must print their number on the jersey according to the following principles:
- The colour of the number must be in strong contrast with the colour of the background.
- The distance between the numbers must be 1.5 cm
- The minimum height of the number must be 20 centimetres
- The width of the numbers shall be;
– minimum 10 cm for one digit numbers
– minimum 20 cm for two digit numbers
– minimum 25 cm for three digit numbers
- There should be a minimum of 5 cm of free space without publicity around the number.
- As an option, display their last name across the shoulders, above the number.
Only Elite riders who received a permanent career number through the UCI or Elite riders with a world number 1-8, may print a permanent career number or world number 1-8 on the back of the jersey. Riders without a permanent career number shall not print a number on the back of their jersey.